Following quickly on the defeat of Elegon, Deadwood continued its work in Mogu’Shan Vaults and took down the final Boss ‘Will of the Emporer’. Again, some thanks are due to our friends Magusprime and Iceheart who helped us out for the evening. We moved on to the first boss of the Heart of Fear and very nearly took down Imperial Vizier Zor’lok! One more experience of the attenuation dance will probably be moving us to boss #2.
Grats Deadwood for moving on to dungeon 2!
On March 17, 2013 a group of Deadwood adventurers took down Elegon in Mogu’Shan Vaults. Thanks for the help from our friends Magusprime and Iceheart! Up next – Will of the Emperor!
Thanks to some add-on help from Foremnex and Aniese, We were able to master this fight in just one night! Granted we took the entire 6 minutes of the enrage timer, but done is done and we are moving on to the next boss The Spirit Kings. Just for giggles we did stick our noses in on the spirit kings with just our LFR knowledge to back us up. We did quite well until we all got pinned to the floor by Rain of Arrows because we were all too close to each other! Subbing in for the raid were Gangastaface and Lafe – thanks for you help guys!
Well it took us a few weeks to get various elements of the strategy ironed out, but Deadwood has now completed the first step in the Pandaran Raid progression. The combined efforts of 2 tanks, 3 healers, 2 melee dps and 3 range dps right to the very verge of the encounter timer was required. Now each small gear improvement to each raid member will make the encounter that much easier as we continue to move further into the raid content. Congrats to everyone in the raid, and congrats to Deadwood for the first of many milestones to come!
Maloriak beaten by chemistry
On Friday March 25th, Deadwood moved forward again in Cataclysm content, taking down the challenging Maloriak. This fight requires very tight control over the adds released, the timing of their release, as well as choreographed raid movement to move in or spread out as Moloriak works his chemistry magic (not to mention excellent raid healing all around by brocolli druids and shaman alike). Congrats to all!
Deadwood is now 3 of 6 in Blackwing Descent, start researching to be ready for the next fights!!!
Magmaw gets Spiked
Omnitron Defense System cracked!
On Friday Feb 11, 2011, a Deadwood team successfully took down not one but TWO bosses in Blackwing Descent. First up, Magmaw’s larvae minions and his tank killing chomp were addressed and nullified in Deadwood’s first victory in Blackwing Descent. It is critical to have sufficient range Area Effect damage and slows to manage the adds, and the Magmaw riders must target the spike in unison to bring down Magmaw quickly. (oh yeah, don’t stand in the bad hehe). Following Magmaw’s defeat, the team ventured into a confrontation with the Omnitron Defense system. There are many different abilities to learn and react to from the four bosses, but with good movement they can be mastered. Good work Deadwood raiders and congrats on the guild first!
Now that people are starting to get a little more geared, we are getting more people into our 10 man runs. So far, we have taken down the Conclave in Throne of the Four Winds, and Halfus Wyrmbreaker in Bastion of Twilight. For now, we are scheduling 3 different 10 mans each week. This allows us to get practice in each dungeon and mix the groups up as we work towards our goal of getting 20 to 25 raiders ready for the content. This also allows us to evaluate the raid make up for each run, and make changes to improve the raid’s chances of success.
In General, here is the routine:
- Raid targets and dates will be posted in the guild calender on the weekend for the following week. The invites will go out to all gunslingers.
- You should accept if you are sure (barring unforseen circumstances) that you can make it, and if you are confident that you are able to perform at the level required.
- Raid organizers will look at the folks who have accepted and organize groups that will a) have a good chance of being successful, b) include at least 7 raiders who have previous experience with the content, c) have the necessary class and role makeup to be successful. In general, raids are composed of 3 healers, 2 tanks, 2 or 3 range dps, 2 or 3 melee dps.
- Raid organizers will track who has been running and who has been sitting to try to assign available raid spots fairly – just remember that it takes a solid core of people that are familiar with the raid movement to improve the odds of success. This means that you will see a few people running a LOT for a couple weeks – please acknowledge the fact that these are your teammates and that they will be helping you through the raid instance when it’s your turn to go.
- Raid organizers will contact those that have been confirmed for the raid 24 hours in advance to make sure everyone is still able to run. Use this as your cue to stock up on raiding consumables like flasks and food. If you haven’t been contacted, you probably are not running, however, keep in mind that organizers are looking at the whole week of raiding and if you are qualified to run, they are probably trying to get you into at least one run – this is why it is key to accept the raid invite as soon as you can be sure that you are able to attend.
- Invites will typically go out about 15 minutes before the raid starts. This is a team sport so please respect your teammates by being on time and ready to raid!
For now, our raid targets are Throne of the Four Winds, Bastion of Twilight and Darkwing Descent. We hope to start fielding a second 10 man team (ie 2 10 mans at once,) in a few weeks, but this depends on getting a few more toons geared and ready for the content, something we will be reviewing constantly as this will widely expand the opportunity for raiding. It may also become possible to raid in 25’s – there is a slightly less tanking requirement, and the dps mix requirements may be a little more forgiving – we just have to be able to get folks out to raid.
Grind for rep, run those heroics, get those crafted pieces together and we’ll see YOU in the dungeon!